30 May 2013

Montauk


Hello!
 This week I've been out at my family's summer house in Montauk! It's so beautiful here, so peaceful like a little piece of heaven! I feel so lucky to have this house to come to. Maya and i stayed while my dad, grandpa, uncle and brother went back to the city a few days ago..I am so glad i decided to stay longer with Maya, i seriously can't think of a good enough reason to leave! :) We are having such a lovely time together and soaking up the summer weather, shopping in the hamptons, walking barefoot on the beaches, eating fresh seafood, relaxing on the deck, playing scrabble and watching movies! So excited that i will probably be spending most of my summer days here, considering my parents are selling our house soon and i am moving to Rhode Island for school in September!! Ah i can't wait! 
Anyway, these macarons, or should i say 'Smacarons' :) turned out absolutely delicious, although they looked more like sandwich cookies rather than French Macarons...I think i made them too round or flat or something? Oh well ^_^ ha I don't quite know? I followed a classic French macaron recipe and filled them with raspberry jam and some Italian chocolate hazelnut spread that my dad had.
I am way more confident when it comes to cooking rather than baking, but I plan on attempting this recipe again soon and perfection is my goal! ;) Nevertheless it was very fun to make these and my family and i devoured them in a day! 
Anyone have any experience making macarons, any tips? 

xo



6 comments:

  1. eliza :) i've never made macarons. but i have to say that, until reading about the french ones from you like...maybe a few years ago? i only knew of regular macaroons like the coconut ball things ;P i've never even had a french macaron :o but i'd like to. do you mean you're moving from your house/home or you're selling the montauk one? i love going to my cottage as well most times, but im not sure if i'll be there much if i'm working in the city, depends i guess. i hope everything turns out well, and have fun :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I am moving from my house (not Montauk) my parents are selling the house i grew up in and im moving away to start at a new college...Anyway, you definitely should try a french macaron, i would guess since you like in Canada they would have them somewhere? Well, they are so delicious, light and just the perfect cookie! :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never even attempted to make macarons, as I heard they are difficult. That must be why they are so darn expensive... :'( Last year I went to a wedding at which the bride arranged a 'tea party' catering service instead of having the traditional cake, etc., so included were deliciously light macarons of all flavors, from raspberry to pistachio to coffee <3

    Are you going to study culinary arts in Rhode Island? :) Best of luck! and please keep posting recipes and food combination ideas etc... you are so creative, and reading your blog is like an afternoon pick-me-up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MITRI! Hey girl, thank you, I will definitely continue posting on this blog, i'm so happy you enjoy reading. That sounds like such a cool idea for a wedding! :)
      Yes, I am going to Johnson and wales in RI for culinary arts/culinary nutrition!! :) I'm super excited to start, i feel it's what i've always wanted to do and now i feel more capable than I've ever imagined to pursue something like this!
      xo

      Delete
  3. Yum that looks so good! Also I love the pictures you and Maya keep posting on instagram from Montauk! Enjoy your time there :) XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of liked your macarons better ;) they were delicious eliza! I am having such an amazing time out here with you! xo

    ReplyDelete